Thursday, August 5, 2021

Tonight I Figured Out Why There Is A Stairway To Heaven, And Not An Elevator.

 I had to run some errands, so I grabbed my bag, and headed for the elevator. They're upgrading our elevators, so we're currently down to one at a time. They did E2 last week, and are working on E1, which also doubles as our service elevator. 

When I got home I noticed a large crowd of people gathered around the elevators, including one lady with a toddler, and a giant stroller. I looked at the newly installed blue light, and noticed that the damn thing was flashing. Oh what fresh Hell is this? E2 had a glitch, we had no elevtors at all, and I lived on the 11th friggen floor. 

I sat in the lobby for a few minutes and considered my options. As the lobby filled up, and the guy didn't arrive for a while, I decided to take the stairs. I am not a small woman, I'm legally blind, and I walk with a cane. By the time I got to 8, I decided I'd better sit down for a few minutes. No one else was around, so I took a seat on the 8th floor stairs for five minutes before ascending the final three floors. 

I am not looking forward to how my legs are going to feel when I wake up in the morning. Fortunately for me, we have marijuana in here, and that always helps with pain. Also, I never want to see a nother flight of stairs for as long as I live!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment